Here are the rules of this forum. They should be simple and quite easy to follow. However, if you need clarification on something don't hesitate to pm myself, or one of the other admins/mods. In general - just try not to be an ass.
I'd like to thank @Noveltease for putting this all together. Thank you!
Rule # 1 - We, DEFINE HUMAN STUDIOS, have the right to warn, temporary ban, permanently ban, and/or restrict access for any reason. This right is extended to our selected moderators.
Rule # 2 - Forum Etiquette
As previously mentioned, the goal of these forums is to come together as a community, in a positive and productive manner in order to provide a better game come time to launch. As long as your posts are respectful, there will be no issues. However, nobody on these forums has the right to be a jerk. Users are expected to have a certain level of common sense regarding what is and what is not acceptable social behavior. For those needing a little more clarification of what is not socially acceptable, here are some examples:
- Racial, religious, gender and/or sexuality based insults.
- Making threats, whether to a fellow member or a Developer.
- Refusal to drop a discussion after a moderator or administrator has requested it.
- Sexual harassment, whether it be the same or opposite sex.
- Flaming. This includes both instigating and participating in flame wars.
- Insults. Everyone on this forum is expected to behave maturely. Do not call people names, because quite frankly, that is simply childish behavior and will not be tolerated.
- Spamming. This includes multiple threads/posts on the same subject or links to other sites.
- Do not impersonate others, especially the staff. Do not pose as another backer, a moderator, or a member of the staff.
- Thread Titles. The developers read the forums. There is no reason to direct a thread at the developers with "@, [NAME], MUST READ, etc."
- Remain respectful. Just because you do not like an idea, opinion, thread, or post does NOT give you the right to be disrespectful. If you disagree or have a different point of view than someone else, express your own opinion is a respectful and constructive manner. Not everyone will have the same opinion, and that is not a bad thing! We just ask that people keep it respectful when having a disagreement. Example, posts such as "This idea is stupid." Do not help anyone and just lead to negative behavior.
- Whether or not you think your behavior is socially acceptable is irrelevant. That decision will primarily come from other members making complaints as well as our moderators and administrators. When in doubt, don't act out.
Rule # 3 - See rules number 1 & 2
This is simple. Keep the forum atmosphere positive and produce, and the development process goes better for everyone. Especially the developers who do not have time to babysit everyone on the forum.