Questions and suggestions and feelings about update

I read thru devblog #2 and Trello and I am writing down my feelings, questions and suggestions in here. Hope devs read it and give some answers about it.

• Scrap Upgrade System
    Question: In the devblog, Zenity said “Scrap any item to increase your scrap resource” and is it mean we will get some new useless items for scrapping only?
    Feeling: I feel like this might be an double-edged sword for this update. On the video, it shows that it upgrades Desert Eagle 2 times and seems like Sako can do that as well, and that will make Beam Drop very useless unless players go for the skins. Also, it’s another RNG if new items get added just for scrap. The RNG might get reduced if we are not getting any new items and we can scrap weapons, ammo, attachment and meds.

• Class System
    Question: Are we able to swap class ingame by looting dead body? As long as I understand, attachments on gauntlet determines player’s class and that sounds like I can take off these attachments and change it.
    Suggestion: Instead of clicking mouse to use the class ability, what about press key to use it like Black Ops 4? Draw gauntlet and click to use the abilities takes time so reduce it by just press the key and the ability goes off. I think it’s good for med, grenade, and knife throwing as well.

• Med system
    Suggestion: 2 meds without ECU, 3 meds with ECU feels way too small. What about we can have 3x Small Meds, 1x Medium Meds, 1x Large Meds without ECU, 5x Small Meds, 3x Medium Meds, 1x Large Meds with ECU? We can still use 3 slots in Inventory and we can have 9 (Nyne) meds total. Also, like I said above, instead of draw out meds first and click to heal it, just press a key to heal it, like Black Ops 4. It really fits in fast-paced style.

• TTK (Weapon balance)
    Feeling: Mk18 is wayyy too OP. When it comes to short range, nothing has big problem on TTK, but 2 tap with mid-long range with ACOG is insane. Of course players still can use Sako but since shield tanks 1 shot and Sako is single shot rifle, Mk is way better and seems like nobody really use Cx4 Storm now. Another thing, is that this low TTK makes player hard to react and fight back, it’s like if someone was lucky and find enemy walking/running, 3-4 shot and he is dead with no reaction time. It’s most likely not being-noob friendly, instead of being competitive.
    Suggestion: For now, let’s reduce damage on AR by range. Removing ACOG cuz it’s OP sounds very weird, and another RNG since if player needs Cx4 Storm or Sako to fight mid-long range, but if player has just with AR/SMG/Shotgun, gg.

• Test Server
    Suggestion: Can you make a small test server for everything you guys did? I see that plasma grenade is done, lighting setting change is done, and placeholder for Scrap Upgrade System is done. It has very tiny playerbase right now (almost cant even have 10 man lobby now), and most of them are IoN fans as well. If IoN had like 1000+ players, it seems awkward to have test server for real small things, but with this amount of playerbase, I think you can use the players as QA team, or let players test it with QA. For placeholder thing, I don’t think it really matters and players will understand it. Look at Sanhok test server. They had no texture on the building and left it as grey blocky building for placeholder. I think the current players will like to play the placeholder or whatever that has changed.

• Price
    Question: How long and how much will discount be? Only I know about this, is that is substantial.
    Suggestion: Even if IoN gets content update, $25 is too much for now. There are other good BRs with cheaper price or free to play and IoN doesn’t really have better contents or many contents. $10 is enough or change it to free to play.

Hey MrSimPle,

I can answer some of your questions for the time being:

Scrap Upgrade System
Question: In the devblog, Zenity said “Scrap any item to increase your scrap resource” and is it mean we will get some new useless items for scrapping only?
Feeling: I feel like this might be an double-edged sword for this update. On the video, it shows that it upgrades Desert Eagle 2 times and seems like Sako can do that as well, and that will make Beam Drop very useless unless players go for the skins. Also, it’s another RNG if new items get added just for scrap. The RNG might get reduced if we are not getting any new items and we can scrap weapons, ammo, attachment and meds.

There will not be new items exclusively for scrapping. You will be able to scrap any item that is currently in the game. For example: you already have an AK47 equipped and you see another one on a table…you can scrap it. Beam drops will still sought after for skin2win and don’t quote me on this one but possibly I think newer ‘Alien’ weapons.

Class System
Question: Are we able to swap class ingame by looting dead body? As long as I understand, attachments on gauntlet determines player’s class and that sounds like I can take off these attachments and change it.
Suggestion: Instead of clicking mouse to use the class ability, what about press key to use it like Black Ops 4? Draw gauntlet and click to use the abilities takes time so reduce it by just press the key and the ability goes off. I think it’s good for med, grenade, and knife throwing as well.

At this point in time, you are not able to swap your class mid-match. . The gadgets themselves are more like a sidearm type deal so it feels more natural having them ‘equipped’ and with mouse functions. That being said, once we start testing the class system on a larger scale where you can personally try it out, please give us feedback on anything and everything!

Med system
Suggestion: 2 meds without ECU, 3 meds with ECU feels way too small. What about we can have 3x Small Meds, 1x Medium Meds, 1x Large Meds without ECU, 5x Small Meds, 3x Medium Meds, 1x Large Meds with ECU? We can still use 3 slots in Inventory and we can have 9 (Nyne) meds total. Also, like I said above, instead of draw out meds first and click to heal it, just press a key to heal it, like Black Ops 4. It really fits in fast-paced style.

This is something that we will be keeping an eye on during the test sessions. There have been lots of shield adjustments, etc. so the current nano capacity may be in a healthy state.

TTK (Weapon balance)
Feeling: Mk18 is wayyy too OP. When it comes to short range, nothing has big problem on TTK, but 2 tap with mid-long range with ACOG is insane. Of course players still can use Sako but since shield tanks 1 shot and Sako is single shot rifle, Mk is way better and seems like nobody really use Cx4 Storm now. Another thing, is that this low TTK makes player hard to react and fight back, it’s like if someone was lucky and find enemy walking/running, 3-4 shot and he is dead with no reaction time. It’s most likely not being-noob friendly, instead of being competitive.
Suggestion: For now, let’s reduce damage on AR by range. Removing ACOG cuz it’s OP sounds very weird, and another RNG since if player needs Cx4 Storm or Sako to fight mid-long range, but if player has just with AR/SMG/Shotgun, gg.

We are have made some changes and are experimenting with things to make the MK18 not so overpowered :wink: The newer shield system should help the fight against TTK as well.

Test Server
Suggestion: Can you make a small test server for everything you guys did? I see that plasma grenade is done, lighting setting change is done, and placeholder for Scrap Upgrade System is done. It has very tiny playerbase right now (almost cant even have 10 man lobby now), and most of them are IoN fans as well. If IoN had like 1000+ players, it seems awkward to have test server for real small things, but with this amount of playerbase, I think you can use the players as QA team, or let players test it with QA. For placeholder thing, I don’t think it really matters and players will understand it. Look at Sanhok test server. They had no texture on the building and left it as grey blocky building for placeholder. I think the current players will like to play the placeholder or whatever that has changed.

We will be holding testing sessions in the near future that everyone (who owns the game) is welcome to participate in and give feedback on.

I can’t go into the Pricing information as I don’t know any of it.